Sunday, September 16, 2007

Assignment

Assignment

primary research question:
why is psychoanalysis not commonly practiced in the United States?

sub research questions:

what is psychoanalysis?

where and how did psychoanalysis develop?

was there ever a time where it was popular in the United States?

is the United States structured differently politically, economically, and/or socially from areas that do practice the science, including Western Europe, Argentina, and/or Brazil?

do these differences affect the popularity of psychoanalysis?

physical:
most of my research has been looking up scholarly journals and articles eletronically. Some specific journals I have researched include JSTOR and the Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association

affective:
I am somewhat confident in my research. There is a lot of information out there. I haven't found trouble with that. My challenge will be condensing and sorting through that information to really be able to answer my question.

cognitive:
which articles are most relevant to my topic, given the many ones associated with psychoanalysis?

No comments: