Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Information Need

Brief Blog Exercise

I haven't really begun researching my topic so I'm not sure if there is sufficient scholarly information out there or not. If there isn't, I may need to re-approach the research assignment with a different question.

I think I need to look up basic information regarding psychoanalysis: What theories was it founded on, what are the basic elements guiding this practice of science, and what are the techniques used to exercise psychoanalytic therapy. Next I need to to look up the same information about psychology. That will give me a better foundation to compare and contrast the two fields.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great topic. You also sound like you know exactly what you need to do and I think you'll be able to find more then enough credible information. Good luck.

Leo C said...

Psychology itself is a huge field though, a straight out comparison may or may not work. It seems like you're pointing to the differences in degree of popularity and acceptance of the practice - that generally is rooted heavily in the science itself, and culture of the given country. Look forward to reading the next revision of your draft on it.